Monday, December 18, 2006

Life on the GEBBLE

Hi everyone. Sorry I have not updated for a while. The work i'm doing takes up most of my time and I don't get too many opportunities to come and email... well i do but i have to drink beer when i get back from being on site, and then i'm exhausted, and then it is dinner, and finally i crash out watching awful egyptian music videos which are basically soft porn. They are so incredible tacky and ridiculous the girls in the clips make Paris look like a Nun! There is one in particular who jumps up on the hood of a car (pretty much just a scarf covering her), and then does this move where she looks like she is having an epileptic fit. ..... perhaps Tash could shed some light on this? Being a pole dancer and all... hee hee!

So Georgiana jones has begun her adventures on the gebble of Cairo. Last week I went down into a tomb for the first time. I have to admit I was rather hesitant...but once I was down that ladder and aware of the fact that I was only the fourth person to be seeing inside this tomb for over 3000 years, all negative thoughts quickly vanished and the laura croft took over. Being the first female photographer that they have had, the Gufties (the workers who for generations have been excurvating sites such as Helwan, were hanging over the edge of the tomb peering in to see if I was really going down there. Ever since that day, they now all smile at me and say hello. Before I was lucky to get some eye contact. One of them look likes like the Messiah.

That is all for today, have had trouble loading photos... so i will give you Az's website to view some pictures of me taking pictures of a skeleton... www.myspace/indianaz.com

Take care all... give me a comment or two. Thanks Kai...promise to get the photos working soon.

love Georgie xxxx
ps my walkie talkie nickname is Mutley!

No comments: