Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my friends and family! It seems I haven't been a good girl because for Christmas I could barely eat and I spent it in bed suffering from stomache cramps and nausea. The only present I received that day was a needle, given to me by a strange Dr who laughed as he indicated in sign language that I was to be given an inection in my bottom. Am still perplexed by this.Actually no I am not, some things you experience here it is best not to think to deeply...and I no longer try to decipher the logic... there is none! Anyway, am better now..according to my team members it seems it was my Egypt initiation. Everyone must go through...just a shame it coincided with Christmas and meant that I missed out on a good party.
I have only one day left on site which is distressing me. Such an incredible experience, hard slogging work, but now after iniitally being overwhelmed a part of me wants to stay and keep working. Craziness!!!! I will miss the challenges, the beautiful Gufties and the adrenaline rush of going down into a tomb. I will also miss some of my work colleagues....you know who you are! We have been through a lot together, there is nothing like gastro or a personal crisis overseas to bring people together!! At least now I will be able to see more of Egypt and travel to Aswan and Luxor.Ah..the anticipation!
My brother arrives tomorrow night. I will definatley hug him when I see him despite it being a cultural tabu. You see he was in Bangkok when the bombing occured. When I saw the SMH website I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack. Then I recieved a text message from him telling me he was in the middle of a thai massage. It was a beautiful moment in the internet centre here I can tell you!
I spent an amazing day yesterday visiting three sites around Cairo which are not open to the public and therefore unkown to the common tourist. I climbed/slid down into the burial chamber of a partially intact pyramid overlooking Cairo. When I noted the rocks falling from the roof... I quickly scampered out. The french are about to start work there so who knows what they will find!!!
Must be off now. Love to all!!
love, Georgie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A needle for Christmas? Aye, when I were a youngin, that were a treat, hen... festive fun indeed!
Post a Comment